Sunday, February 19, 2006

Implicit Association Test

So you think you're not a racist, feel that women and men are equal, etc? Try these tests and shock yourself. http://www.implicit.harvard.edu

I'm an Asian female (a double shortcoming according to an Australian white male interviewer years ago). Being an educated and broadminded person, I like to think that I see every person as a unique soul underneath the superficial appearance of skin colour, race, sex, nationality, religion... Was I surprised when I did the Race Test (which Malcolm Gladwell describes in Blink and which also disturbed him when the results showed differently to what he consciously thought and felt). These tests show up your unconscious attitutes which may not correlate to your conscious attitudes. Disturbing eye openers!

No comments: